IDEO is one of the companies I admire for solid and contemporary product design and especially follow their Play and Digital Experience areas on their website. I recently heard on twitter that they’d launched a toolkit for educators to assist with Design Thinking at http://www.designthinkingforeducators.com/ If you’re a K12 educator, you’ve probably heard about this one by now. IDEO has broken design thinking down into five elegant steps and describe them as:
1. Discovery – I have a challenge. How do I approach it?
2. Interpretation – I learned something. How do I interpret it?
3. Ideation – I see an opportunity. What do I create?
4. Experimentation – I have an idea. How do I build it?
5. Evolution – I tried something new. How do I evolve it?
If you haven’t already, head on over there , register and download the PDF. Valuable and practical ideas on design await.