ASTD last week released its new research report, titled ‘Mobile Learning – Delivering Learning in a Connected World‘, which we are very pleased to have sponsored. The report is based on the analysis of responses to an ASTD/i4cp survey of over 500 business and learning professionals apart from insights gathered from interviews conducted with representatives of several organizations in Feb/Mar’12. It looks at the current landscape of mobile learning in the world in which the ubiquity of mobile devices seems to have created a perfect environment for delivering learning solutions to our workforce, where and when they need it.
The key findings in the report are:
- Less than one third organizations deliver learning content via mobile device, despite its high correlation with both the Learning Education Index and Market Performance Index
- Mobile learning enhances the learning function through performance support
- Chief barriers to adopting mobile learning include budget, integration with legacy systems, and security
- Less than 10% of respondents who deliver mobile learning have formal metrics in place to evaluate effectiveness
- Over half of respondents believe mobile technologies will improve learning in their organization in the next 3 years
The full report is priced at $499 ($199 for ASTD members) and can be accessed from here