In the 24th episode of the L&D Go Beyond podcast, Amit Garg – Founder and CEO of Upside Learning Solutions speaks with Laura Overton – Co-creator of Emerging Stronger and Founder of Learning Changemakers on ‘How can L&D Pivot from Learning to Performance?’
Laura Overton is an international speaker, author, and facilitator and has been tracking the L&D learning innovation journey since 2004. She has authored over 70 major research reports and 300 articles in industry publications. She was also the first recipient of the Learning Technology award for outstanding achievement and regularly appears in the top influencer lists of the UK.
Laura shares that high-performing learning teams are not just about L&D professionals, it’s about the way these individuals work with teams on common business goals. To summarize, here are the key takeaways from this episode:
- Shifting from learning to performance in the L&D space
- Moving from left (optimizing training) to right (sharing responsibility) of the learning transformation curve
- Addressing the barriers to performance
- Working with the teams and business to drive performance
- Thinking habits to add value to L&D
- Embracing skill development and adopting better learning practices to be better equipped for L&D
- Leveraging digital to enable the right tools and technology
- Shifting toward an evidence-informed practice
For detailed insights from Laura Overton, listen to the entire conversation by clicking on the video below.
Listen to the audio version: https://www.buzzsprout.com/1830336/11048746
Access all our podcasts here: https://www.upsidelearning.com/podcast/
Connect with Laura Overton