Clearly there is plenty of buzz out there around mobile learning. In my role, I field multiple inquiries on a weekly basis. Many companies know that there are efficiencies to be achieved through an effectively deployed mLearning strategy.
Yet the question I’m asked most frequently is – how are your clients leveraging mobile learning technology? With that in mind, here is a top 10 list of how mobile learning is being deployed – in reverse order (ala David Letterman):
- Number 10: Integrate mobile learning with existing LMS and/or CRM
- Number 9: Marketing mobile learning to their clients as a value added component
- Number 8: Knowledge checks to assess learning and skill mastery
- Number 7: To support compliance and regulatory requirements
- Number 6: Embed video to deliver small doses (approx 2-3 minutes) of snippet-sized learning
- Number 5: Deliver (push) key organizational announcements, updates, and reminders
- Number 4: Extend blend of instructor led training with smaller pieces (chunks) to support training transfer of key skills and knowledge
- Number 3: Performance Support for sales organizations – instant access to key data, enabling them to perform at a higher level
- Number 2: Responsive content design to enable high quality learning experience on all devices (iOS, Android, Blackberry, Tablets, etc.)
- Number 1: Conversion of instructor led classroom content to mobile learning to provide instant access to learning and performance support data
How are you considering using mobile learning for your organization?