Mobile Learning has been on our minds and for all the right reasons. Today, mLearnCon 2011 opens it doors to hundreds of visitors from in and around the US. And we are one of the 30 exhibitors showcasing our entire range of innovative Mobile Learning Solutions at booth number 316. Also on display would be our newly launched revolutionary platform for Mobile Learning – Upside2Go. We would be delivering a Master Class session based on this new platform titled ‘Mobile Learning and Performance Support with Upside2Go’, scheduled at 12.45 PM on 21st June. If you still haven’t gotten your free expo pass, we urge you to do it right now. See you there. Coming to this article, we have rallied the best of our mLearning posts. For all of you who are testing the waters or have already implemented a mLearning strategy, this post, we assure you, is manna from heaven.
1. What Is Mobile Learning? We have heard its various definitions, its numerous interpretations and its hard-to-miss advantages. But what exactly is mobile learning? Get your mLearning basics cleared here.
2. Getting Started With Mobile Learning? Ok. So you have decided to give mobile learning a shot. But what next? This post will help you understand how and where you can use mLearning, and the possible plan of action you would need to follow to get the most out of this endeavor.
3. Is Mobile Learning A Reality Now? Over the last three years there have been various predictions, ranging from pessimistic to optimistic, about the role that mobile learning will play in the world of learning. But do the positives outweigh the negatives? And more importantly, is mobile learning just a passing fad or a reality? Know our take on this here.
4. Mobile Learning: A Quick SWOT Analysis The use of mobiles as an alternative source of information is increasingly gaining ground in the learning environment. This is compounded by the fact that a large number of organizations and institutions are opting for new modes of learning as part of their training and development. Mobile Learning is slowly but clearly emerging as the ‘future’ of learning. But what are its inherent strengths and weaknesses, the potential opportunities and possible threats it faces? Know it all here as we analyze mobile learning.
5. Leveraging Mobile Learning Platforms As Performance Support Systems A ‘Performance Support System’ or PSS refers to any system that improves worker productivity by providing on-the-job access to integrated information, advice and learning experiences. And as such mobile devices, with their appropriate size, features and functionalities, are poised to be the best performance support tools. Learn about the 4 components of a good PSS and how you can leverage mLearning platforms as PSSs.
6. What I Learnt About Mobile Learning Design Mobile hardware has its own limitations and hence we need to adhere to some critical design conventions in order to make our mobile applications a success. This post will give you an insight into these limitations and some tips that will make the implementation of mobile learning smooth and easy.
7. Mobile Technology – Empowering The Workforce A gradual but complete shift to mobile based devices for a whole host of activities, learning being just one of them, is anything but inevitable. In the same vein, this post talks about a new app developed by the BBC which will allow its reporters in the field to file video, stills and audio directly into the BBC system from an iPhone or iPad.
8. Mobile Learning – What It Can Do For A Global Workforce Along with its many advantages, the flat world brings along some challenges as well. However the answer to these challenges is not so difficult. Effective mobile learning solutions can help you manage learning for your workforce that’s constantly on the move. Read this to know how you can leverage mobile learning for training your global workforce.
9. Developing Mobile Learning: Which Device Are You Targeting? When you are getting started with mobile learning one of the decision you will have to make is which device(s) to target. Taking a cue from a Gartner forecast about how the smart phone market could look like in 2015, this post will give you an insight into the device you should be targeting for your mLearning endeavor.
10. 3 Ways to Use Mobile Devices in Workplace Learning While mobile learning continues to gain foothold in education and other domains, learn about the 3 primary types of usage for mobile devices in the context of workplace learning.
11. Mobile Learning Solutions – Infographic It’s been a while since we have updated our website, but there are certain infographics which continue to remain relevant irrespective of the time lapsed. One of these is the Mobile Learning Solutions infographic which visually communicates what learning situations mobile learning is apt for and the various factors that may go into making a mobile learning solution.
12. Mobile Learning Has A Promising Future In India It is a well-known fact that Mobile learning hasn’t yet picked up steam within India. The primary reason for this being the low rates of mobile internet penetration in our country. However that might change very soon if we are to believe research conducted by McKinsey & Company. While we are on the topic of Mobile Learning, you might want to check out our free downloadable stuff.