Learning as we knew it has undergone (and continues to undergo) a sea change. Today, we have new forms of learning like – blended, informal, social, mobile etc. And these new forms gain more momentum as we shift into a world were time and attention spans are both shrinking. Learn about some of these new approaches here.
For those of you who have been bitten by the iPad bug, we have included some cool apps. Besides this, we also have some tools that will help you in mobile app development. Read it all here in our Weekly Digest – a collection of our top 9 links from the week gone by, each accompanied by a quick brief. Need to quench your thirst for the latest in learning, technology and media links further? You can dig into our previous lists here
- Top 10 Challenges Of Blended Learning With the expansion of the global workforce, and the continuous shifting of global economic factors, the time for blended learning has arrived. But how do we make sure we do it right? What are the hidden challenges that can create a roadblock to success before we even roll out the program? Find it all here.
- Informalize Formal Learning: Smarter, Closer, Simpler, and More Appealing The world is full of ever-growing complexity, while at the same time the desire for simplicity drives much behavior. Learning is no exception. Engaging users simply, directly and quickly via informal methods is key to recruiting them into more in-depth and traditional learning formats. Know how you can informalize formal learning.
- When Learning Is The Work: Approaches For Supporting Learning In The Workplace When you think about one great learning experience you’ve had, can you remember where it occurred? Was it in a classroom or workshop, or did it occur while you were completing the task? There is a good chance that it occurred during the latter. Learn how you can support learning in the workplace by leaving the golden age of training and embracing learning in the extended workplace.
- Mobile Learning: The Next Evolution With the introduction of new mobile products such as the iPad, iPhone 4, Droid and Windows Phone 7, it is not surprising that mobile technology growth rates have quickly surpassed other digital technologies such as radio, television, personal computers and even the Internet. The question surrounding m-learning is no longer if, but when. Know the steps to implementing a successful mobile learning strategy.
- 10 Reasons To Use Digital Textbooks The future is here. If you’re looking for ways to cut costs as either a student or teacher, why not consider digital textbooks? There’s cheaper, easier to use, and a lot easier on the back. Here are 10 reasons why digital textbooks score a notch higher than their paper counterparts.
- 10 Must Have iPad Apps for 2011 Much against many people’s expectations, the iPad has hit the ground running ever since its release, and with the innovative apps that have been gracing it, it’s hardly surprising. Here is a list of apps that have already been released or are soon to be released that should go some of the way towards justifying your iPad’s price tag.
- 11 iPad Apps For Meetings And Presentations Meetings and presentations are a way of life in the business world and there’s nothing worse than dragging around a bunch of files and equipment. Here are 11 iPad apps that will make your life a tad lighter.
- 30+ Tools For Building Mobile Apps (+ Poll!) Find over 30 services which aid in mobile app development.
- U.S. Smartphone Market: Who’s the Most Wanted? According to the latest figures, 31 percent of consumers who plan to get a new smartphone indicated Android was now their preferred OS. Get the statistics here.