In a recent installment of the Learning and Development (L&D) Insights podcast, Amit engages in a captivating conversation with Julie Dirksen, a renowned learning strategy consultant and author of Talk to the Elephant: Designing Learning for Behavior Change. The dialogue delves into the complexities of behavior change in workplace training and the pivotal role of L&D professionals in driving meaningful transformation.
Julie Dirksen’s profound insights mirror a significant shift in industry perspectives, transcending individual experiences to drive a collective evolution. Her discourse ignites a call for Learning and Development (L&D) professionals to reconceptualize their roles. It empowers them to embrace strategic prowess and redefine their influential stance within organizational ecosystems, navigating the intricate blend of workforce trends and technological strides.
Here are key takeaways from, the episode:
- Transitioning from knowledge dissemination to practical application for behavioral change in workplace training.
- Engaging both emotional and rational aspects in decision-making for effective learning experiences.
- Emphasizing performance support methods over conventional knowledge-centered approaches.
- Exploring limitations of design thinking and delving into models like the Behavior Change Wheel.
- Advocating for practice-based and scenario-based learning to automate behaviors in various contexts.
- Addressing challenges in implementing feedback systems for behavior change.
- Examining the potential of AI in learning and development while urging critical evaluation of AI-generated content.
This podcast episode provides comprehensive insights into driving behavioral change in workplace learning, emphasizing the importance of addressing emotional and rational aspects, employing diverse strategies, and acknowledging challenges in implementing effective learning initiatives.
Listen to the audio version: https://www.buzzsprout.com/1830336/14291162-designing-learning-for-behavior-change
Access all our podcasts here: https://www.upsidelearning.com/podcast-season1/